Especially after this election, Twitter has taken the world by storm and has broken out to the fore-front as the largest micro blogging platform in the universe! It is a powerful social media tool for staying connected with your prospects and customers (& your voters!) because people can get not only "Real-time messages" out, but also the latest updates or “tweets” from anywhere in the world at any time. Here’s some cool strategies for effectively marketing your business on twitter:
- Conversational tweets. Talking to your customers show that you are sincere and wish to help them genuinely solve their problems.
- Share valuable information with your niche. Often times you will come across good content that would be a good time for you to share with your audience. Everyone loves good old free content.
- Promotional tweets. You can lead your prospects to potential solutions to their problems by promoting stuff of interest to them.
- Keep track of the conversation. There are certain twitter tools that tell you when people are talking about you such as tweet deck. When you start to keep track of the conversation, you can start talking to your customers and fill their needs or find ideas for new products.
- Hold competitions. Use twitter to engage your followers to partake in competitions or twitter competitions to build massive hype about your business.
- Ask questions. Twitter can be also a free survey tool for you to find out more stuff about your target audience such as their needs and problems.
In short, twitter isn’t about selling but it’s more to getting to know your customers at a more personal level as well as developing trust and goodwill among your followers. Once your customers start to know you well and trust you more, they will be more responsive to your offers.
Always think of the long term over the short term.